Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day trip: Toledo!

Day trip! Destination: Toledo, Spain. On the list: site seeing, el Museo de Antiguos Instrumentos de Tortura, oh, and LOTS of yummy treats!
MAGNUM w/Macadamia nuts
First, after a bit of strolling and taking some lovely pictures of the old building and winding hills of Toledo, I stopped by a small shop and got a Magnum Macadamia ice cream treat. So yummy!
Tapas!
Around lunch, I dropped my bag at an empty table outside a cafe (Entre las Calles, I think) and ordered tapa del día, or the tapa of the day. It turned out to be a Heineken and this yummy meat and pea stew-type dish with bread. Pleasant surprise!
Tapa del día
Back to more strolling and more picture taking, followed by a SECOND ice cream treat, this time helado from an ice cream shop. I went with the always delicious frutos del bosque (which means fruit from the forest, so typically berry-flavored).
Helado: Frutos del bosque
I'm just gonna keep telling myself that all the walking and site-seeing burned off all those ice cream and bread calories. And anyway, excursion days don't count. Everyone knows that. Or they should :)

No comments:

Post a Comment