Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Back in the Land of the free, Home of the Food

I made it home!! And since it's the peak of summer here (hot, balmy, blisteringly humid), my dad has become King of the Grill once again!               
AMERICAN FOOD
 We had a feast of bratwurst, cooked cabbage, and sweet potato french fries. Dad grilled (to perfection, might I add) 2 different kinds of sausages: Garlic seasoned brats and Bacon and beef brats. Since they were 2 very distinct flavors, I added different toppings to each.
bacon-sausage with mustard (at bottom) and garlic sausage with peppers and onions (top)
I topped the garlic brat with sauteed bell peppers mixed with onions (mild enough to not cover the garlic flavor but rather compliment it) and for the bacon and beef brat I simply added spicy brown pepper. Add salted (lightly) sweet potato french fries and a side of cooked cabbage (seasoned with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes) and you've got a complete summery meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment