Thursday, August 18, 2011

"Pretend like it's the weekend..."

So today I must have been feeling a little adventurous, or maybe I've just been listening to Jack Johnson on repeat for a while, but today I felt like having pancakes. With syrup. For lunch (don't judge me). But not just any pancakes...Whole Wheat Brown Sugar Banana Pancakes. 
Everything all laid out for ease.

 And OH MY GOODNESS, they tasted like heaven! Sweet, banana-y, delicious heaven. And I didn't feel all that guilty for eating them. I used whole wheat pastry flour, a brown sugar-Splenda blend and sugar-free maple syrup. 
The finished product-maybe a tad darker than I would've liked.
For real though, I think I've forgotten how to make pancakes since I've been gone! I made them much, much darker than I would have preferred, but in all honesty, I don't think it made them taste any less delicious. I had 2 (the recipe makes about 12) and these things kept me full all day!
What are pancakes without bacon??
Here's a link to the recipe: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/06/whole-wheat-brown-sugar-banana-bread-pancakes/

No comments:

Post a Comment