Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Brain Food!!

Happy Wednesday! For all y'all with work and/or school, the week's half over. Andddd, since I have a younger sister and a younger brother (both of which are still in school), we always try to have a healthy and delicious dinner to fuel their bodies and their brains!
Sweeeeet potatoes. Except they're savory. Brain teaser??
Salmon patties - delicious fish in an easy to eat package!
 That means Salmon Patties (full of super good for you omega-fatty acids). Seriously though, I love most types of fish, and I could eat salmon for days. Anyway it's made. But these patties are super-quick and super easy. Just salmon, cornmeal, salt and pepper (and any other spice if you're feeling adventurous) and fry them til they're golden. I suppose you could even bake them, but for something quick, frying works wonders.
Zucchini squash, fresh from our garden.
And, our family absolutely loves grilled veggies. Zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper, onion - you name it, we like it. Slice some up, add olive oil, salt, pepper, and (if you like spicy things) a dash of chipotle seasoning, and toss in a skillet.  

Plain for Tanner, cabbage and tomato for Mom, and everything + mozzarella balls for Me :)
And if there was one thing I missed while I was living in a home-stay in Buenos Aires, it was rich, hearty salads. Gabriela, my host mom, wasn't a fan of veggies, so I usually resorted to snacking on whole avocados and cherry tomatoes in my room. But now that I'm home, our family seriously has a huge salad before every dinner. It's been a month and I still can't get enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment