Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The argentine view of breakfast consists of café con leche and a medialuna. And that's about it. Now I'm from the south, and that just didn't seem right to me, but as they say, "when in rome..." But now that I'm back in God's country, the lovely land of bluegrass, sweet tea and fried foods, I'm gonna eat HUGE southern (but healthy; can't be a fatty, y'all) breakfasts until my little heart dies of happiness. Here goes:
Farm fresh eggs, black beans, sausage and skillet-fried sweet potatoes.
 And since we couldn't decide which was a more suitable Fourth of July meal, we went with the steaks yesterday and saved the pork ribs for today. And man, were they delicious! Smothered in barbeque sauce, they went great with barbeque baked beans (made by yours truly) and ranch potato salad, one of my mom's favorites. 
RIBS. to die for. with baked beans and ranch potato salad.
 And for dessert: a bowl of brownie ice cream, sugar free, of course. In all honesty, it wasn't that great. A little too sweet for my taste. I think now that I'm home, I'll stick to my sugar free fudgesicles (don't knock 'em til you've tried 'em!) and other goodies to satisfy my sweet tooth. 
brownie ice cream with sliced almonds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment